Partner pension and orphan pension


In the event of your death, your partner will receive a partner pension and your child(ren) an orphan pension.

The term ‘partner’ refers to the person to whom you are married, are in a registered partnership with or with whom you are cohabiting without being married. If you are cohabiting without being married, your partner must, however, first have been registered with us by means of a cohabitation agreement. If you would like more information, please read the leaflet Samenwonen (only available in Dutch).

If you are employed at Unilever Netherlands at the time of your death, the partner pension is in principle 70% of the (Forward) old-age pension that you would receive if you were to continue to accrue pension with Forward until your retirement. If you have left your employment at Unilever Netherlands, your partner also receives 70%, but of the old-age pension that you would have accrued until the date you left the employment. If you would like to know the amount of your partner pension, please go to the Mijn Pensioen (only available in Dutch).

The amount of the orphan pension is 20% of the partner pension. Each child will receive this until he or she is 21 years old.

In the event of your death, your partner may be entitled to a statutory survivor’s benefit from the government: the Anw-scheme [Algemene Nabestaandenwet - Surviving Dependants Act]. This is governed by very strict rules. Your partner must have the care of one or more minor children or be (partially) incapacitated for work. More information on this can be found on the website of the Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB, Social Security Bank):

As not everyone is eligible for an Anw-benefit, Forward offers a Supplementary Anw-insurance. If you would like more information on this, please read the Supplementary Anw insurance leaflet (available in English).


> Return to layer 1