When you are getting a divorce


If you are about to divorce or terminate your cohabitation agreement or registered partnership.‚Äč

After a divorce, your ex-partner is entitled to half of the old-age pension that you accrued during the marriage or the period of the registered partnership. You can come to different agreements with your ex-partner. These agreements must be recorded in the divorce agreement. To ensure that the ex-partner receives part of the old age pension through us, you or your ex-partner must notify the pension provider of the divorce and any deviating agreements within two years.

Please note: the right to part of the old age pension does not apply to people who are cohabiting. Those who are cohabiting must come to agreements themselves on the division of the pension.

Your ex-partner is also entitled to the partner pension that you accrued until the date of the divorce or termination of the registered partnership. You do not have to take any action for the right to partner pension. Unless your partner waives the right; in that case you must notify us.

Please note: those who are cohabiting may also be entitled to partner pension.

> Return to layer 1